WWU Track and Field and Cross Country - Women's Distance
Would you like a WWU Track & Field t-shirt? Would you like to see your favorite Viking T&F athlete in $150 worth of Nike WWU T&F Team gear? Would you like to see the Western Women's Distance team with the means to take them to the next level? This can all happen with the help of supporters like you when you make a $59 donation or greater to the WWU T&F – Women's Distance VikingFunder!
As we approach this outdoor season and all it has to offer for our current student-athletes we want you, our closest family, friends, and alumni to be just as much a part of it as we are!
As a coaching staff we are committed to providing your sons, daughters, heroes and legacies with opportunities to train, compete and grow both as athletes and individuals on and off the track. We are also committed to giving the best experience possible to these young men and women but we need your help to do that.
We are trying something new this year. In years past, each dollar you have given has been spread out amongst our 120+ student-athlete roster. This has allowed us to finance some of our biggest opportunities as a program, but makes it difficult for people to see a direct impact on the student-athletes or event groups they are most connected with. This year, we are splitting all of our event groups up so that your dollar goes to directly impact the person or event group you care most about! Here is how it works:
Each event group has needs. Equipment, travel, gear and even finding funds to pay our stipend coaches. But, why should our Distance crew raise funds for a new throwing implements? So, we have taken each event group and looked deeper into what tools they need to thrive and what will most enhance their experience.
For our Women's Distance team, we will be raising funds for
- Their travel to our Indoor and Outdoor Conference championships. It’s an incredible and culminating experience at the end of each season, and we want to be able to take anyone who has qualified, which usually ends up costing between $20,000 and $25,000 for the whole team. This means it’s about $274 per Distance athlete per trip. We also need to raise funds for our trip to the east coast were we compete against teams from other regions. This is the new way to qualify for XC Nationals so needless to say, it's a very important trip.
- Funds to hire a stipend position assistant coach specifically for the Women's Distance Team
- Team t-shirts ($14 per athlete);
- A few miscellaneous items that pop up through the year
In short, we are looking to raise about $585 per Distance Runner and $7,020 for the entire Women's Distance group!
In order to accomplish this goal we have asked each athlete to find 10 people to give $59. Can you do that? Although any donation amount is more than welcome, if you donate $59 or more we will in return, get you a WWU Team t-shirt*. If you would like a team t-shirt please give us your t-shirt size on the donation page. And if you wish to give more than the $59 in order to have a greater impact on our Women's Distance team we/they would be incredibly grateful. Please feel free to write in a larger amount. Team members who reach their goal will earn a $150 apparel package of Nike WWU T&F Gear, so your $59 contribution can get your favorite distance runner looking good and representing our program in style!
The Win-Win-Win Scenario
What is this Win-Win-Win scenario?
- WWU T&F Team Wins because you have given us the chance to send all of our deserving athletes to our Championship meets.
- The Student-Athlete Wins because you will have given them the needed equipment for their event and, if they meet their individual goal, they will get $150 in Nike WWU T&F Gear!
- You Win because you know that every dollar you give will go directly to the person/event group you want to support AND you’ll get a WWU T&F T-Shirt to proudly show your support!
*Tax deductibility will change with the cost of the t-shirt