The Academy for Lifelong Learning (ALL) presents courses, excursions, discussion groups, and ALL Talks that nourish curiosity, tap interests and cultivate a community of the intellectually inspired. Our participants are emboldened toward possibilities through the power of learning.
ALL fills a critical need for inquisitive individuals who thrive on intellectual stimulation by offering short, college-level courses and other educational events — without homework, tests or credit. We invite all interested adults to participate—no need to be retired or have a college education.
ALL is a volunteer-led organization that is affiliated with Western Washington University. ALL strives to be financially self-sustaining. We work to keep course and excursion fees as low as possible to make our programming accessible to a wide range of participants.
- Course, membership dues, and donations are used to fund expenses.
- Some expenses include instructor stipends, rental fees for meeting space, class support, marketing, administrative needs, etc.
- We count on a strong team of volunteers to reduce expenses, but our costs are escalating.
Your elected, volunteer Board of Directors invites you and other community supporters to sustain robust ALL programming by investing in ALL through a tax deductible gift. There are three primary ways to give:
- An annual cash gift for expenses such as instructor stipends, which you can give by clicking "Give Now" above;
- A cash gift to the ALL Endowment, which you can also give by clicking "Give Now" above;
- A legacy gift to the ALL Endowment. These gifts take many forms (QCDs from your IRA, bequests in your will, charitable gift annuities, and many more) and represent significant investment in ALL. You can learn more about initiating a legacy gift at the WWU Legacy gift page here.
Your investment in ALL will sustain impactful learning for future ALL participants. Thank you!
Gifts of $1,000 or more will automatically qualify you for entry to WWU's President's Society, a distinction designed to recognize the substantial level of donor commitment behind your generous gift. Donors who arrange for a bequest or other planned gift may opt in to the Old Main Society, a distinction reserved for those who make truly transformational gifts through their legacy plans.
Your gift—large or small—engages minds and creates connection. Thank you for making ALL possible.
Consider leaving a lasting legacy with a Bequest to ALL's Endowment.
Support our lifelong learners for future generations !
For further information contact Matt Hammatt, Director of Planned Giving, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 360.650.2443