We are hoping we can count on you, our dedicated family, friends, fans, alumni and supporters to help enhance our program and provide our student-athletes with the best possible experience. We would love your help to reach our team fundraising goal of $20,000 during our Viking Funder and Hit-A-Thon Campaign this November!
What is a Hit-A-Thon?
We will hold our Hit-A-Thon on Saturday, November 19th, 2022 at Viking Field and our student-athletes will collect pledges ($ per foot) prior to the hit-a-thon. During the hit-a-thon, each student-athlete will have 10 swings off one of the coaches throwing front toss and we will measure the longest ball hit. If the ball is hit over the fence, we will continue to measure the distance until it stops rolling. The longest ball hit will be the distance used to determine how much someone gives if they choose to pledge per foot. For reference, the fence at Viking Field is 195 feet to the left and right field corners and 222 feet to center field. The hit-a-thon will be live-streamed with an announcer on Saturday, November 19th at noon pacific standard time if you would like to follow along. After the hit-a-thon, we will contact everyone who pledged to let them know their final total along with details of how to complete their contribution.
How Can I Help?
There are two ways you can give to our Viking Funder and Hit-A-Thon Campaign in November!
1. Make a pledge to support your favorite WWU Softball player in our Hit-A-Thon – fill out our online form to pledge to support a student-athlete for the hit-a-thon. The longest ball hit by the student-athlete at the hit-a-thon will be the distance used to determine how much someone gives if they choose to pledge $ per foot. After the hit-a-thon, we will contact everyone who pledged to let them know their final total along with details of how to complete their contribution right here on the Viking Funder page.
CLICK HERE FOR THE LINK TO THE HIT-A-THON PLEDGE FORM
2. Give a flat donation right here on our Viking Funder page by hitting the green "Give Now" button at the top of this page
Either way, the gift will go directly to WWU Softball. Any amount helps and all donations are tax deductible. You will be emailed a receipt following your gift. We sincerely appreciate your support!
What Will the Money Go Towards?
- Permanent batting cages at Viking Field
- Training gear and apparel
- Practice equipment
- Facility rentals
- Pre-season meals
- Team building activities
- Travel opportunities to compete against the top teams in the country.
As a program, we are dedicated to the success of our student-athletes and strive to provide experiences that will make them better people, not just better softball players. On the field, the team won the 2021 GNAC Championship and went on to the NCAA Championship Tournament. In the classroom, we placed a program record fourteen student-athletes on the GNAC All-Academic team and placed top 10 in the country with 18 Easton NFCA All-America Scholar athletes. In the community over the last three years, we have partnered with the Bellingham Special Olympics, Whatcom County Meals on Wheels program, and local youth softball teams to give back to the game that has given us so much.
We sincerely appreciate all of our donors, supporters and fans! Here's to another great year of Viking Softball! Be sure to stay connected with us on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. To view our schedule and meet our team go here! As always, GO VIKS!
Head Softball Coach